One of the ministers at my church issued a challenge to think of 10 things each day this week for which we are thankful. I thought to myself, “No big deal! I got a million!” It’s true. I really do have a lot for which I am thankful. However, the introvert/perfectionist in me rolled her eyes when I realized that all of my blessings are related to other people. This holiday is supposed to be about eating an embarrassing amount of food, not being humbled by all the good in your life, dammit. Regardless, I’ve chosen to accept the challenge.
1. My relationship with Jesus Christ. He is my source of strength and none of the good in my life would be there if not for Him.
2. Daddy! An amazing man who loves and provides for his family and still strives to grow spiritually and mentally. Btdubs, he has a six pack despite his proudly sporting a 0.0 shirt. Can’t stand him.
3. Mommy! She pushes me to the best Lady J I can be and now that I’m an adult, it’s a privilege to be able to push back and grow with her. She’s pretty neat.
4. Music. Both a source of pleasure and stress, it’s weaved inextricably through my life and has helped me become the woman I am today.
5. Teaching. I get to help people see how awesome they are! I can’t imagine doing anything else.
6. Running. What better way to see the world?
7. Triathlon. What better way to spend the limited money I make from teaching?
8. Having always had a roof over my head.
9. My education, Sallie Mae notwithstanding. Can’t stand that heffa.
10. My smartphone, so I can blog and express my thankfulness from anywhere!
The pictures at the end of each post for the next week will be one of my favorite foods. *giggles* 10 more tomorrow!