1. Being a mixed kid. Not so much racially (though I do have some indigenous American and Indian up in there), but culturally. I think that experiencing both Black American and Jamaican cultures has helped me to be more open minded. Plus, two really legit Thanksgiving dinners.
2. Being the daughter of an immigrant. I come from awesome stock. Mommy came here after high school to make her life better, met my handsome dad and eventually had a really cute kid. Winning.
3. The academic calendar. I don’t think I can ever leave it. Lack of respect for educators notwithstanding, this girl needs an offseason. It helps me be stronger for the babies!
4. This boring ass elliptical. As I battle plantar fasciitis, it won’t allow me to be completely immobile.
5. The ability to blog while I’m on the boring ass elliptical.
6. The fact that my sport is so musical! I love the rhythm of my strokes, revolutions, and steps. It truly is beautiful!
7. Water. For drinkin’ and swimmin’.
8. Brooks. The running shoe people. My feet didn’t know love until they met the Glycerin and Adrenaline lines of shoes.
9. The fact that my mother is a runner. It is humbling that as she watched my love for running grow, she wanted to see what all the hype was. Now she curses the treadmill like I do! #roadrunners
10. Spin class with my evil Coachie. Fact: if you go to a legit spin class it will help your cycling.