Unless it’s breakfast related, it can be really difficult to get me excited about the future. Seriously, I’ve been known to go to bed early so I can partake of “the future” that much sooner. Heh. Anyhow, even this super blessed, had it super easy all her life girl knows that anything can happen. My health is not promised to me, the health of others isn’t promised to me – hell, tomorrow isn’t even promised to me. I thus find it difficult to proclaim that 2015 will be one way or another. I know that amazing things are possible, perhaps even likely, but nothing is guaranteed.
I therefore christen my hashtag of the year to be #WhoKnows2015. I have to do my best today because I don’t know about tomorrow. Not even breakfast. I’m thankful for a God that knows everything from the extremely delicious Fuji Apple I’m planning for tomorrow to what lays ahead for me personally and professionally. It is my hope and prayer that the quest toward the goals I’ve set for myself draw me closer to Him, as I’ve seen that it’s really easy to do the opposite, even when they are healthy goals.
Here’s to taking nothing for granted.
266 days to figure out why the hell I signed up for this business. Probably should know before I get to the starting line. This list should grow often.
1. I’m not disciplined enough to stay healthy without a goal that doesn’t terrify me. Two years ago, the idea of losing 10 pounds and doing a 5k did the trick. Clearly I’ve had to up the meds.
2. I’m not promised anything in the future. I’ve got my health right now. May as well go big with it.
3. I’ve witnessed how it’s made other people around me stronger.
4. I get to grow with and toward some really amazing people.
5. Some annoying people will test me and that will help me become stronger as well.
6. I am curious to see how good of a swimmer, cyclist, and runner live in me. By following Coachie’s plan I will get to see all of those things.
7. I will have to ask for so much help. Anything that forces me to my knees is good for my proud ass.
8. I can eat a lot of food!
9. I am told I am stronger than I think.
10. It is highly likely that in 2016 my focus will change from becoming an Ironman to becoming an Ironmom. That’s pretty much the realest ish ever.
11. I am not usually a quitter.