Finding ways to save can be tough.
1. I now have a regular budget.
2. Creating said budget has made me realize how blessed I am, meme above notwithstanding. It is nice to know I don’t HAVE to be happier on the 1st of the month than I am on the 12th.
3. I have accepted that the budget must be flexible. Sometimes things pop up, you know, like a wedding.
Room for Improvement:
1. Eating out. Impacts both the wallet and the waistline. Sadly, it’s a weakness like budgeting itself. Humans with our sinful nature dislike boundaries. I don’t like thinking that I shouldn’t eat out because it’s bad for me in several ways, so I rebel.
2. Now is the time where I’m supposed to be enrolling for retirement stuff at work. My goal over Thanksgiving is to look over the information and pick one of those grown up 401k thingies.
Now I will have to learn to manage money with someone else! I don’t even know where to begin with what those kinds of resolutions could look like, but I am thankful that God provided me a way to get a head start on budgeting just in time! 😊