Says the girl who is eating like it’s Mardi Gras before her training plan starts. Heh.
Lady J is resolving to do the following:
1. This one is the most important. I know whatever comes below will be executed imperfectly. I resolve to give myself the freedom to be imperfect without beating myself up.
2. To start saving more regularly for my retirement, aka only working 20 hours a week. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for me to fall over at a piano lesson in my 90s. Poor kid.
3. To put mostly good things into my body to fuel all the things I demand of it.
4. To embrace rather than curse my vulnerability.
5. To put at least 15 minutes a day into housework. (I skipped yesterday and will do 30 today. Heh).
6. To ask for help before the last minute. Even the last two minutes would be better.
7. To lose a currently undefined amount of weight before my first triathlon of the season. This weight is undefined because I refuse to weigh myself before the end of this month. I’m going to make good choices and let the numbers take care of themselves, for now.
8. To do more rigorous study of the Bible.
9. To find ways to save money despite being a teacher AND triathlete.
10. To be a “thermostat” and not a “thermometer.” I was watching a church service on television and the pastor was saying that many people are thermometers, in that they just measure the temperature of their circumstance. A thermostat, in contrast, sets the temperature. I want to be a positive force, regardless of what the circumstance is.